Customize notification schedules
The tenth and final step to configuring your account for first use is setting up notification schedules.
Notification schedules can be created for two events; The Domain Expiry Report event and the SSL-certificate Expiry Report event. The sole purpose of the Domain expiry notification schedules is to inform you daily, weekly or monthly in regard to domains that have an auto renew true setting that are about to renew in your account against what cost over a fixed period of time. The sole purpose of the SSL-certificate Expiry notification schedule is to inform you when SSL-certificates will be expiring against what cost over a customizable period of time in your account.
We strictly recommend customizing the notification schedules to fit your account's needs as this will allow you to always be informed regarding renewals that will be charged to your account balance. This will allow you to make a deposit in time and prevent any products from expiring in your account due to an insufficient account balance. For an instruction on how to setup or customize the by default setup notification schedules, continue reading down below.
Once logged in you'll reach the page below. By default 6 notification schedules are setup in your account, 3 each for both the DomainExpiryReportEvent and the SSLCertificateExpireEvent. The Event type, Schedule, Period start offset & period end offset are detailed in the table.
- Event type: Here the event type is listed, either DomainExpiryReportEvents or SSLExpireEvents can be displayed here. As the name suggests, this field displays the type of event that a notification schedule is setup for.
- Schedule: Here, the schedule on which you will receive the notification is detailed. Daily provides a daily report, Weekly provides a weekly report & Monthly provides a monthly report.
- Period start offset: Here the period start offset is displayed. The period start offset determines with how many days offset a report is created. If you submit '0' here for example, the daily, weekly or monthly report you'll receive will provide information on domains that are scheduled for renewal the same day the report is created. If you submit '2' here for example, the daily, weekly or monthly report you'll receive will provide information on domains that are scheduled for renewal with an offset of 2 days ahead compared to the day you receive the report.
Example: You setup a period start offset of 2. When you receive a report on the 1st of January , the report will provide information on domains scheduled for renewal from January the 3rd.
- Period end offset: Here the period end offset is displayed. The period end offset determines over which period you will receive information for domains that are scheduled for renewal in your account calculated from the day on which the report is received. If you submit '9' here for example, the report you'll receive will provide information on domains scheduled for renewal 9 days ahead calculated from the day on which you receive the report.
Example: You setup a period start offset of 2 and a period end offset of 9. When you receive a report on January 1st, the report will provide information on domains scheduled for renewal from January the 3rd until January the 10th.
| Create a notification schedule
|| Update a notification schedule
|| Delete a notification schedule
Add a new notification schedule
- Click on Add notification schedule to add a schedule.
- Choose the type of event, the schedule in which you wish to receive the notification and define both the period start and end offset. Once you have done so, click the Create notification schedule.
- You've now successfully created a new notification schedule.
Changing the existing notification schedules
- The behavior of the notification schedules can be changed by clicking on the update notification schedule button.
- Change the settings to match your preferences and hit the Update notification schedule button.
- You've now successfully updated a notification schedule.
Delete notification schedule
- To delete a notification schedule, simply click on the trash icon detailed on the right for the schedule you wish to delete.
- Confirm the delete of the notification schedule by clicking the Delete notification schedule button and you're done.
- You've now successfully deleted a notification schedule.