| Create a notification rule
|| Update a notification rule
|| Delete a notification rule
A notification rule is a set of rules to determine in which way and to which user notifications are being sent. You can fine-tune the information flow for your account to optimize your account and domain management. The image below details the rules which are set up by default when an account has just been created.
There are two columns available to be shown on the notification rule page, by default only the event type is visible as you can see on the above image. To update the columns and visualize the Methods in the table as well, simply click the configure table button and adjust to your preferences.
Add a new notification rule
Adding new notification rules is not a very complicated process. Follow the instructions below and you should be just fine. In case you do have questions, use the contact form to get in touch with support.
- Click on Add notification rule to add a rule.
- Open the dropdown menu and pick the event you want to create a rule for. In the below example "ContactEvent" is highlighted. If you create a rule for this event, all the notifications that are subordinate to the Contact Event will be sent by this notification rule. If you only, for example, want to get informed when a contacthandle is validated, you select the subordinate "ValidateContactEvent" and this rule will only trigger on the subordinate, not both subordinates which are categorized as a ContactEvent. This goes for all event types and their subordinates.
- Next, you're going to select the methods and recipients. Queue gives output through API, Email sends an automated email to the selected recipient. You can select both or one of the two options. Once determined which methods will be used for your rule, select the recipients and click create notification rule button.
- You've now successfully created a notification rule.
Changing existing notification rules
Changing existing notification rules is not a very complicated process, it's pretty much the same as creating a new one. Follow the instructions below and you should be just fine. In case you do have questions, use the contact form to get in touch with support.
- Changing an existing notification rule can be done by clicking the pencil icon in the table overview behind the notification rule you wish to update.
- Once opened, you'll be able to adjust the preferences. Just select the Methods and Recipients you need for your specific situation and click the update notification rule button.
- You've now successfully updated a notification rule.
Delete a notification rule
- To delete a notification rule, simply click the trash icon behind the rule you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete notification rule button to confirm the deletion.