- Lookup the contact you wish to validate, open it and click the Validate button
For various registries, it's necessary that registrants validate their contact details in order to be able to actively use their domains. In case validation is required for domain creates/transfers/updates, our system will automatically kick off contact validation when a validation is not yet completed at the time a create/transfer/update is requested. In case a validation process times out because the registrant fails to complete validation in time, you can request validation on a contact manually through our portal.
To request validation for a contact, follow the instruction below.
- Select the validation category and click Request validation
It's required to select at least one validation category, otherwise the validation cannot be requested. When a validation category you're looking for is not on the list of available validations, the missing registry is either already validated for the contact or a process to validate the contact is pending. For instruction on checking, re-sending or cancelling a contact validation process, go to the Check, cancel or resend contact validation process knowledge base article
- A message indicating the contact validation was successfully requested will be displayed. In addition, a blue bar indicating a validation process for the contact is pending will be displayed as well. In case for whatever reason the registrant has not received the validation email, you can resend the validation email by clicking the Resend button in the blue bar. If for whatever reason you need to cancel the validation process, click the cancel button to cancel the validation process all together
- You've now successfully requested contact validation. In order to complete the validation process, have the registrant validate their contact details through the email that is sent to the emailaddress in the contact you've requested validation for. The email contains a link to the web-template on which the registrant can accept the contact validation and confirm their contact details
- Contact validation for the selected category now has been completed, completed validations for a contact can be checked on the contact detail overview page
- For instruction on checking, re-sending or cancelling a contact validation process, go to the Check, cancel or resend contact validation process knowledge base article