Create a new contact
To create a contact in your Realtime Register account, follow the instruction below.
- Click New contact to create a new contact
- Submit the values in the form,we'll go over the different options one by one
- Submit a handle name and select the brand that needs to be assigned to the contact
Keep in mind that contact handle names cannot contain spaces.
- Submit the Organization name if applicable, and the name of a natural person in the name field.
In case no organization is to be specified, leave this field empty. In the name field, submit the full name of the natural person the contact is designated to, so no abbreviations like J. Doe, full names only e.g. John Doe.
- Submit the Street name(s) and number(s), Postal code, City and State
Even though the state field is not mandatory for contacts to be created, it's advised to submit the state field when you create a contact. Some registries require the state to be submitted in a contact in order to use it for domain creates/transfers/updates.
- Select the country for the contact
- Submit the email address for the contact
- Submit the contact phone number. If applicable, submit the contact fax number as well and click Create and go back to detail page to create the contact
For the phone and fax number, use the E164a format, e.g.: +31.384530759
- A message indicating contact creation has successfully completed will be displayed
- You've now successfully created a contact which can be used for domain creates/transfers/updates. Do keep in mind that some registries require additional contact information which can be added by adding additional properties to a. For more information on adding additional properties to a contact, go to the Contact properties knowledge base article