Request a single domain DV certificate
- Filter for the single domain DV certificate, select the type of certificate required and click Order to start the order process
- Submit the CSR in the CSR field and choose the validation method and click Confirm. In the example below, we'll use email validation.
The easiest and preferred method is completing the verification with email-based authentication. Using this preferred method, we will send an email to the WHOIS registrar email address asking you to verify that you purchased a DV certificate. As an alternative to the WHOIS registered email, the authentication email can be sent to one of five pre-approved email addresses associated with the website domain. The five pre-approved addresses are;
A text file that you will need to upload to the root directory of your website will be provided. This will then be verified by the CA through HTTP or HTTPS in order to proof domain control.
Two unique hash values will be provided (these are MD5 and SHA1). You, in turn, must enter them in your CNAME DNS record and the CA will then validate domain once the DNS-change has been made and is visible to the CA.
- Check the request on the overview page and click Complete order to request the certificate
- Confirmation will be given the certificate has been requested
- Click View request to go to the request overview page, in case for whatever reason the DCV email was not received, there's an option on the request page to resend the DCV-email or send a message to the CA to receive support. In case you've opted for DNS or File validation, instructions can be found here regarding the additional steps that you need to take to proof domain control as well.
Having issues with domain validation? For in depth instructions on Email, DNS and File validation, go to the in the Domain validation instructions knowledge base article
- Once the certificate is provided by the CA, it can be found in the certificate overview in the Domain Manager, the easiest way to check for most recent provided certificates is to navigate to the SSL-dashboard, click New certificates and click the certificate your looking for
- Download the Certificate bundle or any of the separate file in the Bundle separately by clicking Download bundle or the arrow next to it to open the dropdown that shows the separate files available for download
- You've now successfully created and downloaded your Single domain DV SSL-certificate.