To successfully change the registrant for a .BE domain, follow the procedure below.
- Create a contact handle, or search for a contact handle already created with valid data to use for the Registrant change. For a detailed description on how to create a contact handle, you can visit the contacts Knowledge Base article.
- Update the domain to the desired contact handle, an acknowledgment of billables is needed. For a detailed description on how to update domains through the Domain Manager, you can visit the Domain update Knowledge Base article.
Take note: Keep in mind that the Designated agent option is not available for .BE.
- Once you've successfully initiated the update, DNS Belgium will send an FOA with an authcode to accept the transfer to the registrant email address.
- Have the registrant accept the FOA sent by DNS-belgium with the authcode and the process will continue. Until the registrant accepts the transfer, the status of the update will remain pending.
- After the approval, the registrant change will complete real-time.