Change of registrant
To successfully change the registrant for a .IE domain, follow the procedure below:
!!Take note!!: Contact details have to be an exact match to a company's COC-registration/Passport or Identification document for natural persons, otherwise, the transfer will be rejected.
- Create a new Registrant contact, or search for a new Registrant contact already created with valid data to use for the registrant change. For a detailed description on how to create a contact visit the Contacts Knowledge Base article
- Add additional properties for .IE (RegistryIE) to the registrant contact. For a detailed description on how to add additional properties for RegistryIE review the .IE additional properties Knowledge Base article
- Update the domain to the desired contacthandle. For a detailed description on how to update domains through the Domain Manager visit the Domain update Knowledge Base article.
- Once you've saved the changes in the domain update, the registrant change will be requested with the registry. Support will get in touch to request any necessary documents to prove a trade relationship between Ireland and the new registrant if applicable.
- After all formalities have been settled with the registry, the registrant change will complete.