Important: Read the full README prior to installation to gain full understanding on the functionality our module has to offer. After reading the full README, you'll be able to determine which parts are relevant for your needs.
- Cron script configuration
- Additional information
- Getting started with the Addons
- Known Issues
- Copy modules/registrars/realtimeregister to <whmcs root directory>/modules/registrars/realtimeregister
- Go to Setup -> Products/Services -> Domain Registrars and activate Realtime Register module
- Go to configure of registrar module and enter your RTR account credentials. Optionally configure other settings within the module.
Additional domain fields
Some TLD's require additional information for domain registrants. To this end, we included a modified
additionalfields.php file, specifically customized for use with Realtime Register. Please copy the file to
<whmcs root directory>/resources/domains.
Enable privacy protect
- Go to Setup -> Products/Services -> Domain Registrars and click on Realtime Register -> configure
- Under General settings you see a checkbox Privacy Protection. When you tick the checkbox and save the settings, Privacy Protection will be enabled by default for all supported extensions. Please note this does not apply to all your existing domains, only new registration, and transfers.
- If you choose to enable privacy protect by default, please make sure that ID protection is enabled at domains pricing.
- If you have .NL and .DE domains with a period shorter than 12 months, please keep auto_renew on "TRUE".
- Go to configdomains.php and setup the Lookup Provider.
- Select Domain Registrar and choose Realtimeregister as registrar
- If you have enabled premium domains the lookup automatically will change the price for premium domains
Config 1. Make sure you have an ADAC account on Realtime Register. (if you don't have an ADAC account, please contact our sales or support department to activate ADAC.) 2. Go to
Setup -> Products/Services -> Domain Registrarsand click on
Realtime Register -> configure3. Look for ADAC and fill in the fields "TLD set token" and "API key" which you can find in your ADAC account. 4. Setup your template
- Option 1: If you are using the default 'Standard Cart' template, you have the option to change the ordering template to Realtime Registers template. This template is based on the 'Standard Cart'. Go to
Setup -> General Settingspress the tab
Orderingand select under
Default Order Form Templatethe template
- Option 2: If you are using an other template please add the HTML below to the template file
In order to get the addons working, installing the registrar module is required.
- Copy modules/addons/realtimeregister_auto_renew to <whmcs root directory>/modules/addons/realtimeregister_auto_renew
- Go to Setup -> Addon Modules and activate Realtimeregister auto-renew status
- Setup the right Access Control
- Copy modules/addons/realtimeregister_import to <whmcs root directory>/modules/addons/realtimeregister_import
- Go to Setup -> Addon Modules and activate Realtimeregister domain import
- Setup the right Access Control
Important! After updating WHMCS to new version you need to reinstall module.
Cron script configuration
From version 0.70 cron script removed and all synchronization moved to WHMCS sync functions. You can remove old cron instructions in your server.
- In order to set default Auto Renew value (either ON or OFF) for new domains inside WHMCS go to Setup -> General Settings -> Domains (tab) and tick/untick checkbox next to Default Auto Renewal Setting.
- In order to use RTR WHOIS service over WHMCS WHOIS services for client portal domain checker, turn on Use Realtimeregister WHOIS inside module configuration.It used to be necessary to use a custom template, or custom variables in your own template. Since v0.68 of this module, this is no longer the case. Enabling the RTR WHOIS service in the configuration is all that is needed.
Getting started with the Addons.
- When you activate the Addon you will see a red warning sign on top of the page.
- When you click on the button 'Click here to see the update' then you will visit the overview page. (You can also visit buy selecting the tab Addons)
- On the overview page you will see how many domains you are going to update. (auto-renew status to false). When you click on 'Update all domains' for all the 75 domains the autorenew status will be set to false on the registrar side (Realtime Register).
- There will be a process bar that keeps track of you progress. Make sure you don't close the windows else the update will stop. If there are any errors they will be reported under the process bar. You can rerun the update when you're done fixing the errors. You don't have to update all domains again only the domains where autorenew status = true.
- After the update is complete the warning message at the top of the page will disappear.
- All status changes will be logged inside the activity log of WHMCS.
- If you visit the Addons page after you complete the update you are not able to rerun the update again but you see the message 'The change to the autorenew status is already done.'
- When you activate the addon you will see the addon under Addons -> Realtimer Register domain import.
- When you are on the first step, you will see 2 options. You can select if you want to import all domains or insert a list of domains that you wanna import.
- Payment method You can select a payment method. By default, it selects the first payment method you have chosen inside WHMCS.
- Import list of domains When you select "import list of domains" and fill in some domain names. It automatically gives you errors if the domain name is not in Realtime Register.
- When there is any error the next step is disabled, else you can continue to the overview page.
- Step 1: Import all domains. If you press import all domains and there are TLD's inside Realtime Register that are not enabled inside WHMCS, you will get a message. You are still able to import some of the domains only the non active TLD domains will be skipped
- Step 2: On this page, you see an overview. Here you will see the amount of domain names that will be imported and the payment method that you selected. If you made a mistake you can click on the previous step where you will see all you all settings.
- When the overview is correct press 'Import domains'. And the domains/customers will be imported in WHMCS.
- After updating WHMCS the Realtime Register module could replace with the default WHMCS Realtime Register module. Hot-fix: backup module files before WHMCS update, after WHMCS update finished restore module files.