The easiest way to update the email address to a valid / working email address is to create a new contact handle with the correct registrant information. If necessary, add additional properties and contact validation to the contact. Then follow the steps below:
- Cancel the current update if there is an update still pending. For information on how to cancel a pending domain update, review the cancel/resend pending domain update Knowledge Base article.
- Update the domain using the Domain Manager, and set it to the new registrant handle. For more information on updating domains, visit the Update a single domain Knowledge Base article. Make sure to use the designated agent "OLD" option. This will skip the step where the old registrant needs to approve the change of the e-mail address.
- You've now successfully updated a non-valid e-mail address to a valid one using the designated agent option in the Domain Manager.
- Check your user roles to see if you activated the designated agent option. https://dm.realtimeregister.com/user_roles/all/update/. If not, then please check the box in front off "Set designated agent (DESIGNATED_AGENT)"
- SAVE and LOG-OUT! Log back in
- The designated agent option is now active for your user