The easiest way to update the email address to a valid / working email address is to create a new contact handle with the correct registrant information. If necessary, add additional properties and contact validation to the contact. Then follow the steps below:
- Cancel the current update if there is an update still pending. For information on how to cancel a pending domain update, review the cancel/resend pending domain update Knowledge Base article.
- Update the domain using the Domain Manager, and set it to the new registrant handle. For more information on updating domains, visit the Update a single domain Knowledge Base article.
- Click through to the next page, on which you make sure to use the designated agent "OLD" option. This will skip the step where the old registrant needs to approve the change of the e-mail address.
- You've now successfully updated a non-valid e-mail address to a valid one using the designated agent option in the Domain Manager.
- Check your user roles to see if you activated the designated agent option. https://dm.realtimeregister.com/user_roles/all/update/. If not, then please check the box in front off "Set designated agent (DESIGNATED_AGENT)"
- SAVE and LOG-OUT! Log back in
- The designated agent option is now active for your user