DNS Templates, 301 redirects & SRV records
This page shows an overview of the DNS templates created in your account. DNS templates are used to fill the contents of the nameserver that Realtime Register offers to their customers. These nameservers are ns1.yoursrs.com and ns2.yoursrs.com. You can create multiple registration profiles for your account. The pre-filled items can be altered at the start of the registration process.
| Create a DNS template
|| Duplicate a DNS template
|| Update a DNS template
|| Delete a DNS template
Create a DNS template
- Click 'Create DNS template to create a new DNS template.
- The items in the first part of the form are required; the individual records are to choose and filled as desired for your domain names. In order for a domain to resolve at least an A record or an URL record with the right details need to be present.
- Once you've named the template and submitted all the records you wish to add, click on Create template and you're done.
Duplicate an existing DNS-template
- In order to duplicate an existing DNS-template you'll first have to open the DNS template you wish to duplicate.
- Click actions and select New Template.
- Name the duplicate template.
- if necessary, change the parameters and add additional records. If not, don't make any changes and click Duplicate Template.
- You've now successfully duplicated an existing DNS-template and can look it up in the DNS-templates list and use it on domains in your Realtime Register account.
Updating an existing DNS-template
- In order to update an existing DNS-template, click the pencil icon behind the template you wish to update.
- Add, remove or updating records to you preferences and click Save changes.
Delete an existing DNS-template
- To delete an existing DNS-template, click the trash icon behind the template you wish to remove.
- Click Delete template to confirm the deletion and you're done.
Adding a 301 redirect
By choosing URL as your record type and filling in the full target URL in the Content box, you're able to set a 301 redirect for the full domain or any subdomain.
Adding SRV records
Take note: if you're adding SRV-records, make sure you add the different values as described and detailed below, the below values are example values. The actual Service, protocol, name, weight, port, TTL & prio values are detailed by your e-mail provider.
Service and protocol names are specified in the Name field as this example:
Weight and port are specified in the content field per this example:
- Weight port ex.mail.rtr.net.
TTL and prio can be specified in the TTL and prio fields per this example:
The complete version will look like this: