The split function is used to split a contact handle into two separate contact handles. The main purpose is to enable updates to a contact when a registry does not allow a specific update without having to update all domains using the contact handle. In this case, the split can be used to separate the prohibiting registries to a new contact handle, enabling the existing contact handle to be updated. The new contact handle will have the same contact details, validations and evidence are copied. Additional properties will be moved to the new contact handle for the selected registries, others will stay at the old contact handle.
- To split a contact, open the contact handle you need to split and click 'Split'
- Create a name for the new handle, select the registries you wish to split to the new contact and select 'split contact'.
- The split contact action will create a new contact handle and is confirmed with a green message the contact split was successfully
- To check which domains are connected to the split handle as registrant contact, click 'Registrant contact' on the bottom right of the contact detail page
- You've now successfully split a contact.